We support independent reading and learning by providing advice and loans of materials to help schools get the most from their libraries. We work with schools across all phases, from nursery to high and upper.
What we do
- Loans of high quality books for your classroom or library that are exchanged regularly
- Books to meet special requests – dual and foreign language and large print
- Active book promotion in schools by our staff
- Book loans: termly topic boxes to support curriculum projects
- Artefact loans through our STAR artefact collection
- Help link your library to the curriculum by evaluating your stock
A range of artefacts, books and other resources to support teachers with classroom work. Our collection is particularly useful for supporting multicultural work.
- Hands on practical support from our expert staff
- Advice on how to improve the effectiveness of the school library
- Advice on design and layout of your library
- Help with the purchase, set up and use of library computer systems
- School library subject index for primary schools (and a Library Clue Finder for children to use)
- Library Clue Finder wall chart for primary school students
- Library subject index for middle and high schools
- Fiction discussion groups
- Book buying trips
- Forum for library assistants in primary schools
- Other courses
Lists of recommended titles for schools.
Have a question? Contact us.