We provide advice and materials to help schools get the most from their libraries. We work with schools across all phases, from nursery to high and upper.
What we do
- Loans of high quality books for your classroom or library that are exchanged regularly
- Books to meet special requests – dual and foreign language and large print
- Active book promotion in schools by our staff
- Book Mastermind
- Book loans: termly topic boxes to support curriculum projects
- Artefact loans through our STAR artefact collection
- Help link your library to the curriculum by evaluating your stock
A range of artefacts, books and other resources to support teachers with classroom work. Our collection is particularly useful for supporting multicultural work.
- Hands on practical support from our expert staff
- Advice on how to improve the effectiveness of the school library
- Advice on design and layout of your library
- Help with the purchase, set up and use of library computer systems
- School library subject index for primary schools (and a Library Clue Finder for children to use)
- Library Clue Finder wall chart for primary school students
- Library subject index for middle and high schools
- Fiction discussion groups
- Book buying trips
- Forum for library assistants in primary schools
- Other courses
Lists of recommended titles for schools.
Have a question? Contact us.